USER PRIVACY STATEMENT
BOMBAX collects information about you when you use our services offered through our technology platforms including mobile applications and websites, and through other interactions and communications you have with us.
Scope and Application
This Privacy Statement (“Statement") applies to persons anywhere in the world who use our apps/website or Services to request, deliver goods/parcel services (“Users”). This Statement does apply to information we collect from or about users who use the BOMBAX platform under license (collectively “partners / aggregators”). If you interact with the Services as both a User and a partner / aggregator, the respective privacy statements apply to these different interactions.
Collection of Information
Information You Provide to Us
We collect the information provided directly to us, such as when you create or modify your account, request on-demand services, contact customer support, or otherwise communicate with us. This information may include name, email, phone number, postal address, profile picture, payment method, items requested (for delivery services), delivery notes, and other information you choose to provide.
Information We Collect Through Your Use of Our Services
When you use our Services, we collect information about you in the following general categories:
- Location Information: When you use the Services for the delivery of goods, we collect location data about the Delivery of goods from the BOMBAX app used by the user. If you permit the BOMBAX app to access location services through the permission system used by your mobile operating system (“platform”), we may also collect the precise location of your device when the app is running in the foreground or background. We may also derive your approximate location from your IP address. The location information of the user shall be shared with BOMBAX’s agents at the time when the pickup / delivery is assigned to him / them. We do not share location information with third parties except for the purpose to provide the services, connected to the delivery, to the creation of the analyses, reports, or other such analytical corroborated information which will assist BOMBAX in improving the service offerings. The location information so collected shall be stored on our servers in the App or otherwise as per the storage policies of BOMBAX. Any anonymized information shall be stored at the BOMBAX’s discretion. After you have stopped using BOMBAX app for the pickup m/ delivery services or Bombax has stopped providing the services or your contract with BOMBAX has been terminated, you may write to the Company at firstname.lastname@example.org and request BOMBAX to remove such information.
- Transaction information: We collect transaction details related to your use of our Services, including the type of service requested, date and time the service was provided, amount charged, a distance of delivery of goods, and other related transaction details.
- Device Information:We may collect information about your mobile device, including, for example, the hardware model, operating system and version, software and file names and various, preferred language, unique device identifier, advertising identifiers, serial numbers, device motion information, and mobile network information.
- Log Information:When you interact with the Services, we collect server logs, which may include information like device IP address, access dates and times, app features or pages viewed, app crashes and other system activity, type of browser, and the third-party site or service you were using before interacting with our Services.
Important Information About Platform Permissions
Most mobile platforms (iOS, Android, etc.) have defined certain types of device data that apps cannot access without your consent. And these platforms have different permission systems for obtaining your consent. The iOS platform will alert you the first time the BOMBAX app wants permission to access certain types of data and will let you consent (or not consent) to that request. Android devices will notify you of the permissions that the BOMBAX app seeks before you first use the app, and your use of the app constitutes your consent.
Information We Collect From Other Sources
We may also receive information from other sources and combine that with information we collect through our Services. For example:
- If you choose to link, create, or log in to your BOMBAX account with a payment provider (e.g., Google Wallet) or social media service (e.g., Facebook), or if you engage with a separate app or website that uses our API (or whose API we use), we may receive information about you or your connections from that site or app.
- When you request on-demand services, our agents may provide a User rating after providing services to you.
- If you also interact with our Services in another capacity, for instance as a user of other apps we provide, we may combine or associate that information with information we have collected from you in your capacity as a User.
Use of Information
- Provide, maintain, and improve our Services, including, for example, to facilitate payments, send receipts, provide products and services you request (and send related information), develop new features, provide customer support to Users and Couriers, develop safety features, authenticate users, and send product updates and administrative messages;
- Perform internal operations, including, for example, to prevent fraud and abuse of our Services; to troubleshoot software bugs and operational problems; to conduct data analysis, testing, and research; and to monitor and analyze usage and activity trends;
- Send or facilitate communications (i) between you and our agents or (ii) between you and a contact of yours whom you wish to deliver the goods, at your direction in connection with your use of certain features, such as the expected date and time of delivery of goods, name, and details of the agent who will be providing delivery services.
- Send you communications we think will be of interest to you, including information about products, services, promotions, news, and events of BOMBAX and other companies, where permissible and according to local applicable laws; and to process contest, sweepstake, or other promotion entries and fulfill any related awards;
- Personalize and improve the Services, including providing or recommend features, content, social connections, referrals, and advertisements.
We may transfer the information described in this Statement to, and process and store it in India. Where this is the case, we will take appropriate measures to protect your personal information by this Statement.
Sharing of Information
We may share the information we collect about you as described in this Statement or as described at the time of collection or sharing, including as follows:
Through Our Services
We may share your information:
- With agents to enable them to provide the Services you request. For example, we share your name, average User rating, and pickup and delivery locations of goods.
- With the general public if you submit content in a public forum, such as blog comments, social media posts, or other features of our Services that are viewable by the general public;
- With third parties with whom you choose to let us share information, for example other apps or websites that integrate with our API or Services, or those with an API or Service with which we integrate;
Other Important Sharing
We may share your information:
- With BOMBAX subsidiaries and affiliated entities that provide services or conduct data processing on our behalf, or for data centralization and / or logistics purposes;
- With vendors, consultants, marketing partners, and other service providers who need access to such information to carry out work on our behalf;
- In response to a request for information by a competent authority if we believe disclosure is following, or is otherwise required by, any applicable law, regulation, or legal process;
- With law enforcement officials, government authorities, or other third parties if we believe your actions are inconsistent with our User agreements, Terms of Service, or policies, or to protect the rights, property, or safety of BOMBAX or others;
- In connection with, or during negotiations of, any merger, sale of company assets, consolidation or restructuring, financing, or acquisition of all or a portion of our business by or into another company;
- If we otherwise notify you and you consent to the sharing; and
- In an aggregated and/or anonymized form which cannot reasonably be used to identify you.
Social Sharing Features
The Services may integrate with social sharing features and other related tools which let you share actions you take on our Services with other apps, sites, or media, and vice versa. Your use of such features enables the sharing of information with your friends or the public, depending on the settings you establish with the social sharing service. Please refer to the privacy policies of those social sharing services for more information about how they handle the data you provide to or share through them.
Analytics and Advertising Services Provided by Others
The Service may provide, or Third Parties may provide, links to other internet sites. Bombax Couriers LLP (Bombax) has no control over these resources and sites, and you acknowledge and agree that Bombax is not responsible for and does not endorse or liable for any materials, content, advertising, products on or available from such sites or resources. You further acknowledge and agree that Bombax shall not be responsible or liable, directly or indirectly, for any damage or loss caused or alleged to be caused by or in connection with the use of, or reliance upon, any such services, goods or content available on or through any such site or resource.
You may correct your account information at any time by logging into your online or in-app account. Please note that in some cases we may retain certain information about you as required by law, or for legitimate business purposes to the extent permitted by law. For instance, if you have a standing credit or debt on your account, or if we believe you have committed fraud or violated our Terms, we may seek to resolve the issue before deleting your information.
BOMBAX will comply with individual’s requests regarding access, correction, and/or deletion of the personal data it stores in accordance with applicable law.
We may also seek permission for our app’s collection and syncing of contact information from your device per the permission system used by your mobile operating system. If you initially permit the collection of this information, iOS users can later disable it by changing the contacts settings on your mobile device. The Android platform does not provide such a setting.
You may opt-out of receiving promotional messages from us by following the instructions in those messages. If you opt-out, we may still send you non-promotional communications, such as those about your account, about Services you have requested, or our ongoing business relations.
Cookies and Advertising
Please refer to our Cookie Statement for more information about your choices around cookies and related technologies.
Changes to the Statement
We may change this Statement from time to time. If we make significant changes in the way we treat your personal information, or to the Statement, we will provide you notice through the Services or by some other means, such as email. Your continued use of the Services after such notice constitutes your consent to the changes. We encourage you to periodically review the Statement for the latest information on our privacy practices.